Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Something about me (Catharsis)

 I haven't told a ton of people about the struggles I went through over the past few years.  There are a lot of things I have kept to myself out of fear of judgement.  I have been a big man for the majority of my life and have always been gawked at or discluded from things because of my size.  From having children point and laugh to people calling me fat or whispering hurtful things under their breath without having any clue about me, the human they are picking on or calling names.

This may come as a surprise to some that I have been in this situation, because for the people that know me well, they know I am kind and would do anything I can to help someone in need, even if I have nothing.  I consider myself a very simple person with a very small circle of trust.  Sometimes even your circle can close in on you and make you feel uncomfortable, but those should be the people that you can talk to and work anything out with.

I am not looking for any type of sympathy in any way shape or form, but what I am doing is sharing my experiences and how I was made to feel during certain situations.  A lot of these situations have been based around my size alone and others around the health issues I have fought over the past few years.  When I say hurtful i´m talking about a direct hit to the heart and soul of who I am.  Some of these things I will talk about will sound very minuscule to some, but for those that have been in my shoes and those who have been in the shoes of the aggressor, they will know exactly what i´m talking about.

This is just an introduction to what I hope will turn out to be a very positive and enlightening experience for all who read this.  It is my hope that by sharing a lot of the situations that I have been in and or seen others go through will open the eyes and hearts of everyone who shares in the emotions of hurt and the feeling of enlightenment.

Thank you for reading this intro to what I intend to be not only a good read, but something beautiful as well.

Have a great day!  Love yourself and then focus on the ones that make you feel loved.

3 comments:

  1. I would live to hear more. I know there's some wonderful things I know about you I hope you share also. The bad is honest but there's so much more about you that I see as very good also. I'd say your big Mike. But to me it's the big heart that is inside my shipmates vessel that I proudly say look whose standing beside me. My friend that's closer than a brother. Write on Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you coaching little league for many years. Those kids loved you. I remember seeing you at the middle school one day for some kind of function. You had kids running up to all happy and smiling because coach Mike was there. That in itself says a lot.

    ReplyDelete