Sunday, November 13, 2022

Home Sweet Home

 Free verse and never rehearsed,

Channeling from the 1970s paneling and stories of the universe,

To the memories of the decades and the emotions from the recordings of the energies,

Things are looking confusing you see,

A shadow in the corner might be a residual from history,

Could it be something I always see,

The 3am power surges are getting kinda annoying to me,

Maybe there was tragedy or the happiness from all the holidays seen,

The land could be a native scene where there was foraging and ceremonies,

Chanting in the evening wind from underneath the pine outside,

Maybe a sign and that´s fine,

We need these little things to humble our minds,

Even the wood grain is speaking to me,

The cellar was a winery through the prohibition debauchery,

The river was so close you see,

That smuggling it had to be,

The hums and the whispers and the feel of cats whiskers,

From the families before that shared this same floor,

Its fun to think of the conversations had right beside of me,

That i´ll never see, but will always be a part of history,

Ornate woodwork and windows so old that they look like a frosty waterfall,

Tell tales of renovations through the last one score and two years connected to a century,

Appreciation of the generations that kept it up and insured that it´d be left with me,

I´m thankful that there is a roof over me and my family,

I will make sure to share the love and keep it up,

In 77 years she´ll be standing in her second century,

Along with my personal Liberty Tree and the original grape vines from the Italian family history,

Appreciation of everything that molds the future,

Is nothing short of the life miracle suture,

If we all hold it together,

We will all live on forever... 


No comments:

Post a Comment