Thursday, September 8, 2022

Arbor

The beauty of the trees that most will never see,

The wind against the branches and the needles advances the pine cone dances,

Cicadas all about and with their buzzing shout,

The liberty I get from that beautiful tree,

I talk to it and touch it and tell it I love it,

I watch the sap drip all from above,

That is the pine tar that sticks to the glove, 

The birds that are singing and nesting in that tree,

For over 120 years of it’s amazing history,

I sit underneath talking to the Cernunnos,

The protector of the the forest we have all before us,

There are many things that he will say,

Most of the time it’s simply just enjoy your day,

From under with the beautiful tree nymph Dryads,

We stare at the clouds and speak of the shapes,

The artistry of the gods and the masterpieces they make,

The peace and the quiet I get from that spot,

Is special to me whether you get it or not…

2 comments:

  1. The Liberty tree. Where we are free to share and sit under the shade and let love conquer all division. I love that tree also. Thank you for sharing a very special place. I like what you shared about a place that feels like home.

    ReplyDelete